• Officer Chinn, Edgewood PD, Edgewood, KY
• Officer Giacomantonio, Scarborough PD, Scarborough, ME
• CST Gates, Edmonton Police Services, Edmonton, AB
• Ms. Roberts, Director DARE Plus and Youth Advisory Board, DARE America
Who: *The child was either either a current D.A.R.E. student or recent graduate of the program.
What: Winning students will fly to Montana with one guardian for an all expense paid trip from the 5.11 Light for Life Foundation. Students will participate in activities such as:
- Visiting Custer’s Last Stand
- Fishing- with guide
- Hiking and flashlight adventures
During all activities D.A.R.E. goals and curriculum will be followed.
Where: Montana, next to the Big Horn River near Billings
When: Summer vacation --- the week of June 22nd
The students along with their guardian will receive a three-day/two night trip with the following schedule:
- Introductions and visit the Battle of Little Big Horn, Dinner
- Next day, enjoy a guided fishing trip and lunch on the river, Dinner, and see the Buffalo
- A hearty breakfast, explore the grounds and then depart
The D.A.R.E. Officer of each winning student will receive a three-day/two night all expenses paid trip to Montana. The trip for the nine sponsoring officers will be held June 26th - 28th. The activities will include a guided fishing trip, a tour of Custer’s Last Stand and a shooting competition at the 5.11 Montana Range Facility.
Why: An outstanding opportunity to reward a student that serves as a positive role model in the school/community and exemplifies qualities and skills of the D.A.R.E. Program.